Vanessa Feo Kutsch / firstname.lastname@example.org / +34 616 436 498
The Cosentino Group, world leader in the production and distribution of innovative surfaces for architecture and design, is pleased to announce the jury’s verdict of the 8th edition of the international competition Cosentino Design Challenge, in its two categories: architecture and design.
Cosentino Design Challenge, a competition for design, architecture, interior architecture students or similar areas of knowledge anywhere in the world, aims to foster the talent of students, promoting research into the different conceptual approaches to the layout of spaces, materials and the construction systems that define them, using materials made by Cosentino Group.
This year’s competition has received a total of 212 applications, 72 projects for the architecture category and 140 projects were presented for the design category.
A total of twelve prestigious institutions, schools and international universities have actively participated in Cosentino Design Challenge 2014: Design Academy Endhoven (Holland), University of Technology Sydney (Australia), Istituto Europeo di Design (Italy), Domus Academy (Italy), American Society of Interior Designers (USA), Escuela de artediez de Madrid (Spain), Escuela de Arquitectura de Madrid (Spain), Escuela de Arquitectura de Sevilla (Spain), Escuela de Arte de Almería (Spain), Escuela Superior de Diseño de Alicante (Spain), Universidad de Zaragoza (Spain) and Escuela Superior Técnica de Arquitectura de Barcelona (Spain).
The winners of the Architecture competition (awarded € 1,000 each), who had to take a historic or iconic building anywhere in the world, change its primary use to another of the participant’s choice, affording special attention to its skin, were:
- “DEKTON SPACE INVADERS” from Samuel Gamez Garcia (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid, Spain)
- “Mil Miradas” from Alberto Abia Cantero (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid, Spain)
- “Casa de aire y sombra” from José Roldán Ballesteros and Laura García Corbalán (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Granada, Spain)
Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture Acknowledgements:
- “Creando atmosferas” from Tamara Navarro Rodríguez (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid, Spain)
- “Dekton It Yourself” from Patricia Moreno Ramos and Maricruz Pedrera Molina (Escuela Superior de Arquitectura de Sevilla, Spain)
- “San Lorenzo Florencia” from David García Muñoz (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid, Spain)
The winners of the Design prize (awarded € 1,000 each), who were asked to focus on “Cosentino and art”, giving careful consideration to the relationship between art, space, the observer and Cosentino products, were:
- “INMORTAL” from Roberto Garcia Rebolledo (Escuela de artediez de Madrid, Spain)
- “Arte Sacro vs Cosentino” from Policarpo del Canto Baquera (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid, Spain)
- “Refreshing Stones” from Michiel van Gageldonk (Design Academy Endhoven, Holland)
Cosentino Design Challenge: Design Acknowledgement:
- “Re: Build The Stage” (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid, Spain)
- “PIXELSTONE” from Samuel Gámez García (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid, Spain)
- “Mausolo” from David García Muñoz (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid, Spain) https://cosentino.box.com/s/p9yvr00k9sylokrx79hm and “Using Lines” from Luuk van Laarhoven (Design Academy Endhoven, Holland) https://cosentino.box.com/s/mrebzygcy101fgv99cok
The competition’s verdict took place today 24th of June in the cultural center CaixaForum in Madrid. The jury was composed of representatives from some schools and universities that have collaborated in the competition: Mr. Rudolf Arnout van Oosterhout from the Dutch school Design Academy Eindhoven, Ms. Endriana Audisho from the Australian University of Technology Sydney, Mr. Giacomo Bertolazzi from Istituto Europeo di Design, Ms. Isabel Plaza de la Escuela de artediez de Madrid, Mr. Raúl Fraga from Escuela de Arquitectura de Madrid, Ms. Carmen Galán from Escuela de Arquitectura de Sevilla, Mr. Jose Ramón Gonzalez from Escuela de Arte de Almería, Mr. Jorge Marín from Escuela Superior de Diseño de Alicante, Ms. Taciana Laredo, from Universidad de Zaragoza and Mr. Félix Arranz from Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Barcelona.
Likewise, the architect Héctor Ruiz Velazquez was also invited to take part in this jury. Santiago Alfonso, Director of Communication and Marketing represented the Cosentino Group.
This meeting also discussed various proposals for the theme of the ninth edition of Cosentino Design Challenge, to be presented later this year.
The posters of the winners are available on the website of the International Competition Cosentino Design Challenge: www.cosentinodesignchallenge.org