Vanessa Feo Kutsch / email@example.com / +34 616 436 498
Dekton® by Cosentino was awarded the “Janus de l’Industrie 2014” label of excellence by the French Institute of Design in the components and materials category. Anne-Marie Sargueil, President of the French Design Institute will deliver during the month of Feburay 2015 the award to Jean-Luc Manivet, Area Manager for Cosentino France.
The French Institute of Design has awarded the ultracompact surface Dekton® by Cosentino with its label, for the innovation and design of the surface, and for the new solutions it offers to architects and designers.
The Institute of Design selects products and services whose primary concern is for users and the environment. This institution stresses the importance of sustainability and supports projects that use design to improve quality of life for consumers.
The Jury has highlighted that the combination of Dekton’s excellent technical performance together with its richness in solutions, which the product offers, were key elements for its final decision.
The criteria that determine the awarding of this label include:
– Economy: the level and relevance of innovation, and that project is profitable, coherent and makes rational use of inputs.
– Ergonomics: comfort and benefit for the user, ease of use and optimisation of maintenance.
– Asthetics: looks, visual and conceptual homogeneity and quality of colours and finishes.
– Ethics: social and environmental responsibility, energy considerations, compliance with national and international standards, and choice of materials.
– Emotion: the wow factor and coherence in communication
The Janus label of excellence, the official design label created by French ministerial decree of 13 November 1953 and sponsored by the French Ministry of Industry and Trade is recognised by industry professionals and is a benchmark in the world of design. The Janus label of excellence was originally only awarded for industry, but it has since been extended to other creative fields.