Cosentino add stylish storage to The Block laundries
News, Top Projects
September 4, 2014
Cosentino, world leader in stone, quartz and recycled surfaces, is featured in all five laundries by The Good Guys Kitchens on The Block for the second year in a row. This season’s laundry renovations upped the ante, combining bathroom and laundry spaces for this week’s room reveals.
Michael and Carlene won this week’s renovation challenge, using natural materials to create a luxurious yet functional bathroom and laundry space. The couple selected the marble tones of Silestone® Helix for the benchtop and splashback in their laundry, complementing the stone surfaces with touches of wood and neutral toned cabinetry within the space.
All five couples chose products from Cosentino’s Silestone® range, with a selection of colours used for both benchtop and splashback surfaces.
The Block laundries:
• Michael and Carlene’s apartment features the calm, marbled tones of Silestone® Helix from the Nebula Code range on both the splashback and benchtop, in 12mm and 20mm thicknesses.
• Chris and Jenna opted for Silestone® Starlight from the Eco range. Starlight combines sleek dark colouring with flecks of lighter stones for an exciting surface material.
• Karstan and Max used the stunning dark grey Silestone® Night Mist with a 20mm edge.
• Simon and Shannon selected the grey Silestone® Steel with patterns of shimmering silver in a slimline 20mm edge.
• Darren and Deanne chose the popular Silestone® Lagoon for a hint of marbling across both the benchtop and splashback.
Gary Isherwood, Area Manager for Cosentino Australia, comments: “We’re thrilled to see how Cosentino surfaces have been used in each of the laundries on The Block. All of the spaces use different products and offer different design styles, but all of the contestants have done a fantastic job of transforming these spaces into beautiful and functional rooms with high quality products and finishes.
Highly resistant to stains, knocks and scratches, Cosentino’s surfaces are the perfect choice for high traffic areas like the laundry, to ensure each room will look perfect come auction day. Cosentino’s innovative range of stone, quartz and recycled surfaces offers a range of stylish colour tones and modern finishes.
Silestone® by Cosentino consists of more than 90% natural quartz, with the weight and feel of natural stone. Available in more than 60 colours, Silestone® by Cosentino, is the stylish and durable surface choice for any renovation. Exclusive bacteriostatic technology provides extra hygiene protection, making it one of the most hygienic surfaces on the market.