Cosentino Group presents the 8th edition of the International Cosentino Design Challenge Competition
ant, News, Uncategorized
September 27, 2013
Cosentino Group, the Spanish world leader in the production and distribution of innovative surfaces for architecture and design, has today announced the 8th edition of the International Cosentino Design Challenge Competition.
The competition consists of two different categories, Architecture and Design, and aims to foster the talent of students, promoting research into the different conceptual approaches to the layout of spaces, materials and the construction systems that define them, making use of Cosentino® material in their final projects.
The competition is open to all students enrolled in the 2013-2014 academic year at any school or centre of higher education for design, architecture or interior architecture around the world.
Cosentino Design Challenge is an international competition with collaboration from a total of fourteen prestigious schools worldwide including:
- American Society of Interior Designers (USA)
- University of Technology Sydney (Australia)
- Design Academy Eindhoven (Holland)
- Istituto Europeo di Design Milano (Italy)
- Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti Milano (Italy)
- Hochschule für Technik, Wirtschaft und Kultur Leipzig (Germany)
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid (Spain)
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Barcelona (Spain)
- Escuela Superior de Diseño de Madrid (Spain)
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Sevilla (Spain)
- Escuela de Arte de Almería (Spain)
- Escuela de Arte Superior de Diseño de Alicante (Spain)
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Valencia (Spain)
- Universidad de Zaragoza (Spain)
This year, in the Design category, students are asked to reflect on “Cosentino and art”, in which the student must take into account the relationship between art, space, the spectator and Cosentino products.
In the Architecture category, the theme will consist of changing the main use of any historic/emblematic building around the world, paying particular attention to its exterior.
The proposals can be submitted from 28 February 2014, with the competition closing on 1 June 2014. All creations must be sent electronically via the webpage for the competition:
There are three first prizes of 1,000 euros each for both categories, totalling 6,000 euros in prize money.
The judges, figures of acknowledged prestige in the world of architecture and design, will make their decisions known during the month of June 2014.
The presentation of the 8th International Cosentino Design Challenge took place at the CentroCentro Cibeles de Madrid.
Santiago Alfonso, Director of Communication and Marketing for Cosentino Group; Adelina Salinas, architect and competition coordinator; and Ricardo Santonja, ETSAM lecturer involved in the project, were in charge of presenting the competition to students, lecturers, the media and the public attending the event.
During this presentation, last year’s winning students were awarded their prizes, many of whom travelled to Madrid to receive their acknowledgement.
All finalist projects of the 7th edition were on display in the event in an exhibition that will tour, in the upcoming months, the different partner schools and some of the Cosentino Centres around the world.