Cosentino has officially announced the student winners of the 15th edition of the international Cosentino Design Challenge (CDC). The CDC is a worldwide research and development initiative that challenges architecture and design students to think creatively while incorporating Cosentino’s products in their submissions.
This year, the Architecture brief asked students to reflect on “Kitchens with soul – new visions for everyday spaces”, with the Design brief centred on “Cosentino material and sensations”. The CDC15 competition received 309 projects in total, 196 in the Architecture category and 113 in the Design category. Cosentino collaborated with 32 schools and universities globally for the competition. Each winner was awarded with €1,000 each (approximately $1508 CAD) with runners up receiving a certificate of recognition.
“We have been running this architecture and design challenge for students over the past fifteen years, and as President of this competition, I am very proud that the number of project submissions has exceeded 300 for several editions, especially during this difficult year that we are going through. It is also a great pleasure to see new schools joining the competition, as Heriot-Watt University Dubai did a few weeks ago,” said Santiago Alfonso, Vice President of Communication & Marketing of Cosentino Group and President of the CDC competition.
Architecture Category. Theme “Kitchens with soul - new visions for everyday spaces.
The three winning projects:
- ON THE ROCK by Manon Capel (ESAM Design)
- Culinary spot of light by Maria Nicolina Dobras (UNIZAR)
- The Golden Hour by Robin Kavalirek (Berlin International - University of Applied Sciences).
Three runners up:
- LED- Let´s Eat and Dance by Marina Tovar Fukuoka (ESNE).
- Camping Cosentino by Marina Domingo (ETSAM).
- Oblique by Luis Mínguez González (ETSAM).
Design Category. Theme “Cosentino… material and sensations
Three winning projects:
- Hotel lobby by Ignacio Rivera (ETSAM).
- Meraki by Clara Molina Soria, Diego Cuenca Piqueras, Elías Amorós Quiles, Estefanía Henao Tabares, Raquel Miralles del Rincón (EASDA).
- Eternal, memorial stone by Carmen Amigo Vega, Víctor González Castellanos, Celia Hernández Feijóo (Escuela de Ingenierías Industriales (EII), Universidad de Valladolid (UVa)).
Three runners up:
- INMANENTE by Pablo Pérez García, Marina Peña Varona, Rubén Quevedo Martínez (Universidad de Valladolid (UVa).
- The Sound of Self-Care by Daniel Calopino Madariaga (Artediez).
- Collision by Irene Martínez Llorca, Isabel Santos Campo, Marina Gutiérrez García (Universidad de Valladolid (UVa))
LINK: Download Design projects
For more information, visit https://cosentinodesignchallenge.org