The Cosentino Design Challenge Jury Announces the Winners of the 6th Edition Competition
June 22, 2012
- Three first prizes have been awarded for each of the two categories of the competition: Architecture and Design. Each first prize consists of 1.000 Euros, with a total of 6.000 Euros in prizes.
- The Cosentino Design Challenge Jury 2012 comprised of a representative from each participating school, one invited architect and the Cosentino Group Marketing Director.
- Students worldwide participated, with over 200 project entries received for the 6th edition of the Cosentino Design Challenge competition.
The Spanish multinational and world leader in the production and distribution of quartz, natural stone and recycled surfaces, Cosentino is pleased to announce that the Cosentino Design Challenge Jury has selected the winners for the 6th edition Cosentino Design Challenge 2012. Prizes are awarded for two categories, Architecture and Design with a total of 6.000 Euros in prizes. Each category is awarded with three individual prizes of 1.000 Euros each.
The Cosentino Design Challenge 2012 Jury was composed of Ms. Isabel Plaza from the Madrid School E.S.D.I Arte4, Mr. Raul Fraga from Madrid Architecture School ETSAM, Mr. Jorge Roa from Seville Architecture School ETSAS, Mr. Francisco González from Almeria Art School, Mr. Michele Capuani from the Istituto Europeo di Design and Mr. Martinus Lamers from the Design Academy Eindhoven, as well as the Spanish architect Ramón Esteve and Cosentino Group Marketing Director Santiago Alfonso.
More than 200 entries were received by students studying during the academic year 2011-2012 in any design, architecture or interior architecture school worldwide.
The objective of the Cosentino Design Challenge contest is to support student talent as well as promoting research on different concepts related to space, material and construction systems. All projects had to include an environmentally sustainable approach using Silestone® and/or Eco by Cosentino® materials.
The winners of the Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture contest, whose objective was to design the lobby of a hotel with large format Silestone® and/or Eco by Cosentino® slabs, awarded with 1.000 Euros each are:
- Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture Prize to Creativity for Zou Wei and Ana Sibille from the Leipzig architecture school Hochschule für Technik Wirtschaft und Kultur for her work Changing Movement.
- Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture Prize to Space Research for Marta Corchado Rodríguez from the Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid for her work Cueva de Cristal.
- Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture Prize to Material Use for Patricia Gómez from the Escuela Superior Diseño e Interiorismo Arte 4 for her work Urban Sensation Feeling Alive.
The winners of the Cosentino Design Challenge Design contest, which consisted of designing a shower plate integrated in a singular bathroom, using Silestone® and/or Eco by Cosentino®, awarded with 1.000 Euros each are:
- Cosentino Design Challenge Design Prize for Creativity for Teresa Morales Mateos-Aparicio from the Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid, for her work Twist ‘n’ Shower.
- Cosentino Design Challenge Design Prize for Space for Carlos Álvarez from the Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid for his work Ducha Oblicua.
- Cosentino Design Challenge Design Prize for Material Use for Jose Luis Cantabrana García from the Escuela Superior Diseño e Interiorismo Arte 4 for his work Sitis.
Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture Acknowledgements:
- Architecture Acknowledgement to Creativity for Jessica Quevedo from the Leipzig architecture school HTWK Leipzig for her work Ecolobby.
- Architecture Acknowledgement to Space Research for Lucia Moreno Suazo from the ESDI Arte 4 for her work Silextone.
- Architecture Acknowledgement to Material Use for Conrado Onsés Marín de la Bárcena from the ETSAM for his work Estantino.
Cosentino Design Challenge Design Acknowledgements:
- Design Acknowledgement to Creativity for Gema Parreño Piqueras from the ETSAM for her work Ducharte.
- Design Acknowledgement to Space Research for Antonio Viciana Mera from the Almeria Art School for his work Bloque.
- Design Acknowledgement to Material Use for Ivan Ripamonti from Istituto Europeo di Design Milano, for his work Modular Ring.
Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture Special Mentions:
- Francisco José Caballero Muñoz, Santiago Andrés Mosquera Guerrero, Satué Falla Ángel and Valdés Martínez Manuel from the Sevilla School of Architecture for their work 3 sesenta dale la vuelta.
Cosentino Design Challenge Design Special Mentions:
- Antoine Celine, ETSAS, Chair your shower
- Anne van Galen, DAE, Monsoon
- Olivia Gatica Martinez, ESDI Arte 4, Square
- Miguel de la Ossa Peinador, ETSAM, Plató de Ducha
The jury’s decision was reached on the 19th of June at the Valencia Cosentino Center, where all jury members congregated. During this meeting, proposals for the 7th edition of the Cosentino Design Challenge were discussed. The 7th edition of the Cosentino Design Challenge will be launched in September.
The winning projects are available in Cosentino Design Challenge website: www.cosentinodesignchallenge.org