Studio Kitchen by Silestone trendspotter Drew McGukin
August 2, 2017
Silestone Trendspotter Drew McGukin designed the Studio Kitchen in collaboration with Cosentino, Kohler and Benjamin Moore; drawing from his own life for inspiration of the multi-tasking city-slicker he pictured living in the space.
The kitchen develops its hyper-organized concept into reality by layering functionality to make the space most useful for any purpose – entertaining, living, or working. Each aspect of the kitchen tucks neatly away, creating a streamlined, clutter-free and contemporary environment geared towards big city lifestyles. Drew used Silestone Pearl Jasmine throughout the space for a modern and consistent look.
- Project: Studio Kitchen
- Trend: Soft Whites/Neutrals
- Style: Contemporary
- Influence: Convertible space with a streamlined feel ideal for an urban lifestyle
- Total Square Footage: 271.7sqft
- Counter Surface & Wall/Cabinet Accent: Silestone Pearl Jasmine; 101.2sq. ft, Silestone Pearl Jasmine; 3cm, 170.5sq. ft
- Purist Faucet; Matte Black; Bridge Style
- Kitchen Sink: Soap/Lotion Dispenser; Matte Black
- Kitchen Sink: Cairn Neoroc Sink; Single Bowl; Matte Black
Benjamin Moore Paints:
- Panel Door Color & Material: Benjamin Moore Calm OC-22
- Wall, Trim Color: Benjamin Moore White Opulence OC-69
- Window Trim Color: Benjamin Moore Ebony King 2132-20
- Bernhardt Acadia Cocktail Table Auto Paint: Benjamin Moore White Opulence OC-69
Silestone Trendspotter Drew McGukin is known for a touch of the ‘unexpected.’ After graduating from The New York School of Interior Design in 2010, he kicked off his career as lead designer in his own New York-based firm just a few months after. Drew has served on the Board of Directors for ASID NY Metro while also sitting on the 2011 Student Advisory Council for ASID National. Soon after graduation, Drew was selected by The New York Design Center as one of 30 founding designers set to launch Access to Design™—a concierge service providing accessibility for consumers to the industry’s top design talents and product offerings through NYDC. Drew McGukin tackles the interior design world with a unique level of energy, pace and integrity.