Cosentino Group invites students to submit entries to the Cosentino Design Challenge 8
February 26, 2014
Cosentino Group has announced that the period for receipt of submissions to the Cosentino Design Challenge 8 international competition is now open.
Proposals must be submitted between 28 February and 1 June 2014, and will only be accepted in digital format via the website: http://www.cosentinodesignchallenge.org/
Cosentino Design Challenge is open to all students enrolled for the 2013-2014 academic year at any school or centre of higher education for design, architecture or interior architecture anywhere in the world.
Cosentino Design Challenge is an international competition in which fourteen prestigious international schools and institutions currently collaborate:
- Design Academy Eindhoven (Holland)
- Istituto Europeo di Design Milano (Italy)
- Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti Milano (Italy)
- Hochschule für Technik, Wirtschaft und Kultur Leipzig (Germany)
- American Society of Interior Designers (USA)
- University of Technology Sydney (Australia)
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid (Spain)
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Barcelona (Spain)
- Escuela de Arte número 10 de Madrid (Spain)
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Sevilla (Spain)
- Escuela de Arte de Almería (Spain)
- Escuela de Arte Superior de Diseño de Alicante (Spain)
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Valencia (Spain)
- University of Zaragoza (Spain)
Cosentino Design Challenge 8. Categories
In this edition, participants in the Design category are asked to focus on “Cosentino and art”; they are free to choose their own work area or surface, but have to give careful consideration to the relationship between art, space, the observer and Cosentino products.
In the Architecture category, the task consists of taking a historic or iconic building anywhere in the world, changing its primary use to another of the participant’s choice and affording special attention to its skin.
In both cases, Cosentino aims to foster students’ talent while promoting research into the different conceptual approaches to the configuration of spaces and the construction materials and systems defining these spaces, while using materials from Cosentino’s® wide range of products in their final projects.
Cosentino Design Challenge 8. Prizes
There are three first prizes of 1,000 euros each for both categories, totalling 6,000 euros in prize money. The decision of the jury, which is comprised of reputable names in the world of architecture and design, will be announced during the month of June 2014.
For more information about the competition and the rules, please visit: http://www.cosentinodesignchallenge.org/ / firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cosentino Group has created an original video that explains the participation process and encourages students worldwide to take part: goo.gl/Gxwo3j