Dekton® in Erlangen University Hospital (Germany)
November 21, 2017
To address its need for more usable space, the Erlangen University Hospital decided to expand its existing child and youth psychiatry building. The two-floor addition and, above all, its façade were designed with great sensitivity to the modern formal aesthetic, a uniform colour palette and a convincing selection of materials.
This complex has undoubtedly managed to meet the project’s high functional and visual requirements, as well as planning specifications, to perfection. Thanks to its excellent aesthetic qualities and numerous advantages as a material, Dekton® by Cosentino was chosen for the façade’s panels and represented the perfect solution for the project.
With high-quality Dekton® ultracompact surfaces, the new two-floor addition to the Erlangen University Hospital’s child and youth psychiatry unit acquired the perfect “skin”, both aesthetically and functionally speaking. The application of Dekton® to the façade won over the designers not just for their many advantages as products, but also for their ability to bring the new building into harmony with existing structures and with nature.
550m2 of ultracompact Dekton® by Cosentino surfaces were applied to the façace in the colour Edora from the Dekton® Natural Collection.
- Name: Erlangen University Hospital’s child and youth psychiatry unit
- Location: Harfenstrasse 18, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
- Opening date: octubre 2016
- Duration of works: 10 meses
- Number of floors: dos
- Commissioned by: Universitätsklinikum Erlangen
- Designer: KlinikMedBau GmbH Erlangen (Germany)
- Architect: Sabine Rossdeutscher (ByAK)
- Façade fitting: Thiel Montage GmbH, Feucht bei Nürnberg (Germany)
- colour: Edora
- m2: 550 m2
- thickness: 12 mm
- application: ventilated façade