Go for a picnic!
June 26, 2020
Summer is here and we are eager to enjoy more and more outdoors.
Tips to prepare a healthy and safe lunch box and enjoy a picnic in the park, in the country or on the beach.
- It is essential to always remember to keep food in optimal conditions, without losing its properties.
- The first thing is to always have some easy-to-transport foods, that do not need a fridge (or that can last a few hours outside), that are healthy and, if possible, simple to prepare: pieces of fruit, vegetable sticks or salads.
- The drink is a very important point to keep in mind since the summer will make us lose a lot of liquid.
A safe and healthy picnic lunch box
- Planning: organize your menu to ensure that you do not lack proteins or vitamins.
- Choice of the lunch box: glass is much more fragile and heavier, but at the same time more hygienic and comfortable. The plastic is lighter, but less hygienic, since it is more difficult to clean when the plate contains oil, fat, or some sauce.
- Sauces: avoid egg-based preparations, especially if it is raw. The main recommendation is that you incorporate any type of sauce at the same time that you go to eat.
- Place in plate: it is recommended that the lunch box is visually appealing, for this it is advisable to play with food colors.
- Dairy products: stable and sanitized products are always the best option. It is advisable to prioritize the use of cured cheeses over fresh, desserts or dairy industrialist instead of home-made to ensure better food preservation.
- Preparation: always be cautious and do not consume food prepared with more than 48 hours.
- Reuse: for greater sustainability, and to avoid wasting food, it is advisable to reuse the food that you have left over but not to freeze the preparations again.
- Prevention measures: don´t forget to take the preventive measures recommended by the health authorities regarding the social safety distance, hand washing and the use of masks.
Instructions by Silestone Institute, the international platform dedicated to researching and disseminating knowledge about the kitchen space, both domestically and professionally.