Greenhouse Kitchen by Silestone trendspotter Cheryl Kees Clendenon
August 4, 2017
In coastal communities like Pensacola (Florida) where Silestone trendspotter Cheryl Kees Clendenon calls home, indoor and outdoor design often go hand-in-hand. In collaboration with Cosentino, Kohler and Benjamin Moore, Cheryl’s coastal aesthetic came to life with her Greenhouse Kitchen: a tranquil environment that embraces the outdoors and encourages relaxation.
Here, functionality takes center stage with easy access to home gardening, a prep zone for canning fruit and vegetables, wide aisles for aging in place, and wine storage awash in brilliant light. With different kitchen zones in mind, Cheryl used four colors from Cosentino to help define space and ensure maximum durability: Charcoal Soapstone and Calacatta Gold from the Silestone Eternal Collection, Silestone Iconic White, and Dekton Aldem.
- Project: Greenhouse Kitchen
- Trend: Pale/Pattern
- Style: Transitional
- Influence: Traditional elements with a modern vibe; light neutral and coastal tones
- Total Square Footage: 139.8sqft
- Kitchen island countertop: Silestone Iconic White; 46.5sq. ft., 2cm thick
- Periphery countertops: Silestone Charcoal Soapstone; 35.1sq. ft., 3cm thick
- Potting nook countertop: Silestone Eternal Calacatta Gold; 6 sq. ft., 2cm thick
- Outdoor bar: Dekton Aldem; 52.2sq. ft.
- Kitchen Island: HiRise bar faucet; Brinx sink;
- Periphery: Parq Deckmount faucet; Prolific sink
- Potting nook: HiRise Wallmount faucets; Harborview sink
Benjamin Moore Paints:
- Upper Cabinets in Main Kitchen & Brick: Benjamin Moore Cloud Cover OC-25
- Base Cabinets in Main Kitchen and Outside Cabinetry: Benjamin Moore Stormy Monday 2112-50
- Center Island: Benjamin Moore Mysterious AF-565
- Prep Kitchen Ceiling: Benjamin Moore Sea Life 2118-40
Cheryl Kees Clendenon
Silestone Trendspotter Cheryl Kees Clendenon is an award-winning designer with more than 18 years experience in the design industry. While her design firm InDetail Interiors is based on the Gulf Coast in Pensacola, Florida, she works on projects around the country. She carries a degree in Fine Arts from the Universty of Arizona, and her designs have been published in over 50 consumer publications.