Jorge Lorenzo presents the new ultracompact surface Dekton® by Cosentino in Milan
May 30, 2013
Cosentino Group, the global and family-owned company leader in the production and distribution of innovative surfaces for architecture and design and Moto GP World Champion Jorge Lorenzo, presented yesterday evening to more than 150 Italian clients and members of the press, in Milan Cosentino Center, the new ultra-compact surface Dekton® by Cosentino.
Dekton® is without a doubt a technological and commercial challenge and embodies the commitment to the future of the global company. Cosentino Group has invested a total of 128 million euros and 22,000 hours of research to launch Dekton®, which will take place this year worldwide.
Excellence, Innovation and Leadership are the values shared between Jorge Lorenzo and Dekton® by Cosentino. The four times world motorcycling champion Jorge Lorenzo, who wears the Dekton® logo in his official MotoGP cap, was the protagonist at Dekton® launch event in Italy. Lorenzo together with the skaters Danny Galli, Fabio Colombo and the writer Verbo (aka Mitja Bombardieri) created a sport and artistic show which provided fun and entertainment at the Cosentino Center, near Milan.
“We are very honoured of the alliance with Jorge Lorenzo. He represents the values of state of the art technology, leadership and extreme performance, that the new ultra-compact Dekton® shares” expressed Santiago Alfonso Rodriguez the Director of Communications and Marketing Group Cosentino during the ceremony.
“I am proud that the new Dekton® by Cosentino surface is my sponsor. Dekton® is an impressive product that was born to succeed,” said Jorge Lorenzo.
Dekton® offers endless possibilities to architects and designers so that design flows in indoor and outdoor spaces and at all levels both vertically and horizontally. Applications are many: spaces and surfaces may be covered with large formats (around 320cm x 144cm) available in 12 different colour references (ex. colours resembling slate, cement, rust or natural stone):
- Bathrooms: For its excellent performance with water, Dekton® is ideal for bathroom flooring and coverings.
- Kitchens: The technical characteristics of Dekton® make it a material ideal for kitchen worktops, coverings and flooring both in private homes and for professional use.
- Furnishings: Tables and other furnishing surfaces in Dekton® will showcase the desired design and aesthetics while offering an excellent technical performance.
- Exterior façades: The technical characteristics of Dekton® result in a uniform design that covers the walls of any building like a layer of skin.
- Floors and floor coverings: Dekton® is an ideal surface for areas with a lot of traffic, both indoors and outdoors.
- Swimming pools and gardens: The zero porosity of Dekton® means that the material can be applied in pools and very exposed outdoor spaces.
Dekton® by Cosentino is proof that it is still possible to continue to innovate in the field of materials for architecture and decoration. It is a completely revolutionary product with superior technical characteristics that allow its use in any weather, ensuring the invariability of its colour.
With Dekton®, Cosentino Group managed to combine technological innovation and design, achieving superior results in performance quality.