Cosentino Group undertakes a new Investment Plan to consolidate their leadership and future growth

Cosentino Group presents its Strategic Business Plan for the next four years in order to consolidate its position as world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of innovative surfaces for design and architecture. The plan focuses particularly on the expansion of the Cosentino production facilities, primarily based at the Cantoria Industrial Park (Almeria, Spain), and on the future growth of its Dekton product, which is expected to increase from 5% of total consolidated sales to over 20% in 2019.

The total investment for the period of 2016-2019 is $430 million, of which 77% ($335 million) will be allocated to Productive Investments and the remaining 23% ($98 million) to Commercial Investment. The largest part of the investment will be devoted to the acquisition of new assets in order to increase over the coming years. As as result of this plan, the Group aspires to reach $1.14 billion dollars in 2017.

In accordance with this plan, Cosentino Group is heavily investing in expanding its industrial capacity located in Spain. This will mean an increase in both production of Dekton and the implementation of technological developments of Silestone including new designs and finishes. This will allow Cosentino products to maintain differentiation and added value against their competitors.

The Industrial Park will also be home to the enlarged and improved Logistics Center. With specific new technology for warehouse optimization and dispatch of material, new installations for R+D laboratories, pilot plants and exhibition and test areas, it is one of the most modern of its kind in Europe. Although the company has been working well above the current environmental standards, the investment will also be used to improve the facilities that house the management and valuation of the waste generated by manufacturing plants.

As regards to commercial infrastructures, the goal is to strengthen the presence of Cosentino in countries with the greatest business potential via its Distribution Model that is based primarily on the “Cosentino Centers” and “City Centers”. At the close of 2015 Cosentino numbered 120 units around the world, but over the next four years it is forecasted to increase to 174.

In close, this Investment Plan will be accompanied by a significant increase of employment. It is expected to create over 1,300 new direct and indirect job positions around the world. Of these, 820 will be in Spain, 230 being direct positions at the head offices in Cantoria (Almeria). This year alone is estimated to generate 364 jobs, reaching a total of 3,750 employees in the Group.


In parallel to the presentation of the Strategic Business Plan, the company also published the principle audited and final report for 2015. The final figures for consolidated turnover was $835 million , which is a 30% increase on 2014. EBITDA reached $108.95 million.

Of the total sales figure, 90% was for overseas sales, which includes the United States. In fact, the company now sells in over 110 countries. By markets, North America (USA and Canada) is still the principal overseas market for Cosentino Group with 55% of total sales, followed by Europe (21%), Iberia (Spain and Portugal) with 12% and Latin America with 5%.

Lastly, the total number of employees at the close of 2015 was 3,350 worldwide from 44 different nations with an average age of 38.2. Current data as of April 2016 shows the total number of employees at 3,490. In 2015, Cosentino Group created 400 new job positions. 

BALANCE 2010-2015

This map for the next few years is a continuation of a formally established path of investment initiated some years ago that has helped the Group grow at sustained double-figure rates  in both sales and in profitability at EBITDA level. Specifically, the investment made during the period 2010-2015 by Cosentino reached $350 million. 57% of this ($200 million) was destined to industry, once again almost all concentrated on the Cantoria Industrial Park, while the remaining 43% went into Commercial Investments and others.

These already completed investments meant sustained growth over this period (2010-2015) of 14% CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) in Sales, increasing from $431 million in 2010 to $832 million in 2015. Similarly, the Groups EBITDA saw 12% CAGR in the same period, increasing from $60 million in 2010 to $95.6 million in 2015.


© Cosentino S.A. All rights reserved

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This