The Cosentino Group celebrated the decision on the winners of the 10th edition of the international competition, Cosentino Design Challenge. Now, they have the pleasure of announcing the winners for the two competition categories, architecture and design:Architecture: The topic of this field was “Cosentino and sport” with the candidates' choice on the site of the project.
- Top Three winning projects were each awarded a 1000€ prize:
- “'Scalarte' art in scale” of Luis Miguel Sánchez (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura, Madrid, Spain):https://cosentino.box.com/s/grzgetth6w3pyd1yd7pjw0ow1vrwlv44
- “Dancing Prism” of María Rodríguez (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura, Madrid, Spain):https://cosentino.box.com/s/4i9zxzpkk9yzbrvoexcl330o1o4i3su0
- “Waterock” de Arturo Garrido (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura, Madrid, Spain):https://cosentino.box.com/s/br1vyrtfbsg804490za87nch7bc5zna0
- Four secondary awards received a diploma:
- “Cueva de Escalada” of Nievi Peterson (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura, Madrid, Spain):https://cosentino.box.com/s/kxhvopvcvsp9al2m38itx09u64g3stmv
- “Underwater Pool” of Ignacio Palenzuela (Escuela de Arte, Almería, Spain):https://cosentino.box.com/s/hy1210xdo5a8drye1lcx105gdji4btlo
- “Social Olympics by Cosentino” of Cristina Pretel (EAAI Diseño&Arte, Granada, Spain):https://cosentino.box.com/s/g0mtu1gkkcyx0mdmh0okg9yvvl4fd7gz
- Climbing Square” de Vanessa Vera (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura, Madrid, Spain):https://cosentino.box.com/s/ik6t7k20mdlym8wysoifkpvdogxdn8w3
- Three winning projects were each awarded a 1000€ prize:
- “Una galaxia de colores” of Hugo García (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura, Madrid, Spain):https://cosentino.box.com/s/0en4l8nsmz30s5kq73tonqkvnte5upx5
- “Diffuse” of Javier Jauhari (Lasalle College of the Arts, Singapore):https://cosentino.box.com/s/unk0rc3a3lhooev71aumspror0egb4nv
- “Glade” of Verónica Gómez (Escuela Superior de Diseño, Madrid, Spain):https://cosentino.box.com/s/rffes45tjhy7ia0ye70giiel3jgj4220
- Three secondary awards received a diploma:
- “Caracola” of Arturo Garrido (Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura, Madrid, Spain):https://cosentino.box.com/s/czpctiglb6m3sd1ex1z5yygmuop1zccg
- “Stadium” of Carlos Fernández (Escuela Artediez, Madrid, Spain):https://cosentino.box.com/s/gsge3az6quylyv36g3jfbewypp8elrvw
- “Dang!” of Shirley Tan (Lasalle College of the Arts, Singapore):https://cosentino.box.com/s/h9rd6pm9sk3k7qg2kcskpi8rmxz7osem
- Special mentions:
- “Interactive Samples” of David Rodríguez (Escuela Artediez, Madrid, Spain):https://cosentino.box.com/s/6qepsnsj48bb44donx7imhl2ksedunhk
- “Mother Nature” of Francisco Manuel Molina (EAAI Diseño&Arte, Granada, Spain):https://cosentino.box.com/s/c37qur0p11u168699zoupwin1jx20n6q
The winning posters are available at: www.cosentinodesignchallenge.org
Hashtag: #CosentinoDC10 Twitter: @GrupoCosentino
Facebook: GrupoCosentino Instagram: @GrupoCosentinoCosentino is proud to see how the initiative that started ten years ago to promote talent of students of architecture and design around the world, continues to grow and receive more and more support and backing from distinguished schools, universities and institutions both nationally and overseas. A total of 20 were official partners actively involved in the Cosentino Design Challenge 10:
- From Spain: Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid, Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Barcelona, Escuela Artediez de Madrid, Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de la Universidad de Navarra, Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Sevilla, Escuela de Arte de Almería, Escuela de Arte Superior de Diseño de Alicante, CEU–Universidad San Pablo de Madrid, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos de Madrid, Escuela de Arte de Zaragoza, EAAI Diseño & Arte de Granada and Escuela Técnica Superior Arquitectura de Zaragoza UNIZAR.
- From Italy: Istituto Europeo di Design Milano.
- From France: École Supérieure des Arts Modernes.
- From Portugal: Universidad Tecnica Lisboa.
- From Sweden: Lulea Tekniska Universität, Lulea.
- From the USA: American Society of Interior Designers.
- From Mexico: Universidad Marista, Mérida.
- From Australia: University of Technology Sydney.
- And from Singapore: Lasalle College of the Arts.
The growing success, including the number of projects and work submitted of the competition each year, is significant. Cosentino Design Challenge 10 received a total of 353 entries (173 for the architecture category and 180 for the design category), a 28% increase on the previous year. Entries were submitted from students at both the partner institutions and from other design and architecture schools around the world.Judges for Cosentino Design Challenge consisted of representatives from the partner schools and universities involved in this year's edition. The Granada architect, Juan Domingo Santos, was also invited to sit on the jury alongside the Director of Communications and Marketing of Groupo Cosentino, Santiago Alfonso. To mark the 10th edition of the competition, Cosentino celebrated the jury's decision at their head offices in Cantoria, Almeria. After completing their deliberation, the members of the CSR Corporate Committee, led by the Chairman of the Group, Francisco Martínez-Cosentino Justo, greeted the jury members and viewed the winning and runner up projects for this year.