Cosentino Design Challenge
January 3, 2017
We’re excited to announce that the 11th annual Cosentino Design Challenge is open for entries! The Cosentino Design Challenge presents an international opportunity for architecture and design students to submit their work for review by top professionals and compete for one of six first place prizes.
Participating students must share conceptual approaches to the configuration of spaces while using materials from Cosentino’s wide range of products.
Entries fall within two distinct categories:
- In the Design category the objective is focused on Commercial and Technology.
- In the Architecture category the focus is on Cosentino & Traveling.
Students will be evaluated on the following items:
- The conceptual and technical quality of the project.
- The analytical study, thought process and research of the subject.
- The research on the spatial experience of the surroundings.
- The creativity of the design.
- The innovation of the design.
- The environmental respect of the design.
- The adaptation of the project idea to the expressive capacity of Cosentino Group brand materials and products.
- New ideas for materials, finishes, applications, etc. that may arise.
- The feasibility for the development and construction of the projects presented.
- The adaptation of the chosen medium for the presentation with regards to graphics, expressivity and the kind of idea presented.
- The presentational quality of the design.
Last year’s competition received a total of 353 entries (173 for the architecture category and 180 for the design category) from all around the globe. We hope to see a strong showing from American students amid the fierce competition this year.
Below is one of the three winning projects from last years 10th annual edition, “Diffuse” by Javier Jauhari (Lasalle College of the Arts, Singapore):
Students have until June 7th 2017 to submit their work for a chance to win. Jurors will deliberate in June 2017 prior to announcing the winners.
For more information and to submit your entry, go to: http://www.cosentinodesignchallenge.org/.
For inspiration on the many uses of Dekton as a universal surfacing material follow along on Twitter and Instagram with #DektonUnlimited.