The Kitchen is Now More than Ever the Heart of the Home
News, Top Life, Top Trends
April 29, 2020
According to the Global Kitchen study, the kitchen has become a multifunctional and social space.
This statement is especially valid in these times of sanitary crisis and confinement. Now more than ever, the kitchen transcends the purely culinary space and becomes a space to share, work, chat, do homework …
The Global Kitchen study “The kitchen at the heart of the home”, prepared by the Silestone Institute, is an initiative by Cosentino to analyze the keys to domestic cooking in the 21st century. The Global Kitchen study, presented in 2019, is based on a consumer survey in 9 countries (Spain, Italy, the United Kingdom, Scandinavia, the United States, Canada, Australia, Singapore, and the United Arab Emirates) and on the expert vision of 23 professionals from different specialties.
What activities do we do in the kitchen?
- 43% use the kitchen to make the main meals.
- 29% for meetings with guests.
- 11% to work.
- 17% for other tasks.
What do we prefer when we choose the design of our kitchen?
- 5% prioritize functionality (make the most of space).
- 1% savings (exterior light, optimal furniture for food preservation, A +++ appliances).
- 12% the quality and durability of the materials.
- 10% design and aesthetics (latest trends in colors, materials, etc.).
“The kitchen has become a shared space” – Albert Adrià. Chef
“The kitchen is a space for enjoyment and gathering for family and friends, where we take care of everyone’s health. We share didactic, social habits, affection, love… It is a unique space to share.” – Xevi Verdaguer. Psychoneuroimmunology specialist