4 Top Tips for Organising Your Kitchen
News, Top Trends
July 31, 2020
The kitchen is a truly multifunctional space; the heart of the home. Keeping your home tidy and organised can help to optimise your space as well as promote wellbeing.
Here are the top 4 tips from the Silestone Institute for organising your kitchen and keeping it tidy:
- Keep your worktops clear
The worktop must provide a clean and free area to prepare food and cook comfortably. It’s also important to make sure you have any utensils or equipment you might need readily available. Store any chopping boards, cooking instruments and jars in boxes for easy access and consider installing a shelf to hang utensils or cups from. You could also free a kitchen wall with a bar to hang small accessories for everyday use.
- Store items efficiently
Try organising any dishes and bowls by size and stack glasses by size (but no more than three) to take up less space. Another way to order the dishes is by using drawers with wooden pivots to keep them in sight and ordered inside the drawer. We recommend using removable trays when the cabinets are in a corner or too deep to be able to access kitchenware quickly and tidily.
- Organise your food cupboard
The best way to keep your food cupboard or larder in order is to not accumulate excessively.
- Correct storage of products: the ideal way is to organise the heaviest items (such as drinks) in the lower cabinets, and the rest in the upper ones, always in a maximum of two rows. The first row should be items which are due to expire soon with the rest behind. Place the products of habitual use above the waist for easy access.
- Set aside a special place for spices and salts: this frees up space and makes it easy to find what you need.
- Label the products: order products by name or in categories, so that when it comes to cooking you can easily find what you need.
- Keep things in their place
After ordering and determining the place for each item, it is necessary to remember to return the item to its place after use. By doing this, your kitchen will always be tidy and organised.
Silestone Institute: is an international platform dedicated to researching and disseminating knowledge about the kitchen space, both domestically and professionally. The Institute is an initiative promoted by the Cosentino Group, a world leader in the production and distribution of cutting-edge innovative surfaces for architecture and design.