Let's take advantage of these days of confinement to improve our recycling habits and care for the environment.
In Europe we waste about 200 kilos per person per year, and between all of us we have to try to avoid it. Silestone Institute recommends: The 3 "Rs" of ecology: reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Reduce the consumption of products to help conserve natural resources, and reduce pollution of the environment.
- Reuse, that is, reuse the products to be discarded, that is, consider whether they are still in good condition and be able to use them again.
- Recycle some waste materials that can be processed so that other products can be made helping to contaminate less and to give another use to the waste materials.
- Pay attention to the expiration dates of foods to consume first those that are about to expire.
- Serve the right amount of food that we are going to eat to avoid food waste.
- Try to buy long-lasting food, but without falling into hoarding.
- Create new and varied dishes to make the most of food and thus avoid waste (Trashcooking).
Less waste, more use and less pollution.